A Box of Stories YA Box Review


I have previously had a few boxes from A Box of Stories, the mixed box and the historical fiction, both of which I have enjoyed books from. However I noticed that they had introduced a YA box, dedicated solely to Young Adult novels, I hadn't seen any reviews around the internet for it, but thought I'd give it ago.

So it arrived last week, and I was pleasantly surprised upon opening it. The photograph above shows the books I recieved.

Tess In Love by Kate le Vann and

Spellslinger by Sebastien De Castell neither of which I have read yet, but both look interesting.

Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson
This is one of the books I have read since it arrived. Its a pleasant story about Scarlett (there are other books in the series, this is the middle book) who lives in New York with her interesting family. She is very much involved in the theatre world, the book follows her at school, dealing with her eccentric family, assisting a talent agent who is building up her clients from just Scarlett's brother, and there is a bit of a romance thrown in there as well. Not a book I would have picked out for myself, but I found myself really enjoying it.

Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart
This is the other book I have read since it arrived, it is a suspense thriller about a young woman named Jule. It is told backwards so to begin with all you find out is that she is avoiding being caught, and using fake names and disguises whilst doing this. I found this enjoyable and interesting as this is the first book I have read that has gone backwards in time. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it, so all I will say is it was another book I wouldn't have picked myself but glad I read it.

The YA box costs £21.99 without a subscription, and my books should have been over £30 in total, so I think it was well worth it. I am definitely planning on getting another YA box from Box of Stories soon.

Do you subscribe to a book box? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Let me know in the comments.

Happy reading

Fiona

 

Comments