September Wrap Up

 



I read more than I thought I had in September, as I thought my reading had slowed down a bit, but I don't think I've done too badly really.

I started the month off with The Birds and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier nearly one month later I still think that The Birds short story is the scariest thing I have ever read. It is just so believable and taps into the deep seated knowledge that we are not in control of nature.

I then moved on to the classic The Turn of the Screw by Henry James an interesting tale with children caught up in supernatural happenings. The innocence of the children juxtaposes well with the malign intentions of the spirits.

In a change from classic creepy tales I then turned to The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern, a wonderful ride through a multi layered tale. A must read for any cat owner, who will surely spot their own cats behaviour traits among the many displayed in the book, at least I did anyway.

By the middle of the month I as excited to discover our local library is open again for browsing, so naturally I picked up a few books. The first I read was Into the Crooked Place by Alexandra Christo in which I was very much immersed into a fantasy world, of magic, intrigue and a common enemy.

The final book I completed in September was The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert  a dark, creepy fairy tale focused story. I'm very much looking forward to the next book in this series.

In addition I also listened to the audio book of The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley  a wonderfully crafted who done it, and who has it been to? I made many guesses throughout listening, but I honestly didn't guess the killer until almost the very end. 

So that is my September wrap up, if I have to pick a favourite book from this month it would be The Birds and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier, but the author herself has rapidly become one of my favourites this year.

What did you read in September? What where your highlights?
  


<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/20677027/?claim=27kehbt3fd4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>




Comments